Wednesday, June 11, 2014


New Products!
Creating new things for my classroom is so exciting! My team is moving into new classrooms next year (new as in, they’re not built yet!) and so I spent the last days of school packing. I noticed as I packed my math games, that I don’t have ANY centers or games for place value. That was our first math unit, so I’m guessing that anything I did use I was too flustered to save? Surely we played games? THAT is how much of a blur the first few months of my first year were! I am now a wiser and more prepared (HA!) second year teacher, so I’m getting some place value games/activities ready for my new students. 
I’ve made four activities so far and I have them in a Place Value Bundle in my TPT store.

The bundle includes two puzzles, two matching worksheets, and my favorite, a “PlaceValue Roll” page. 

For Place Value Roll, students use dice to create their numbers. Do you know what that means?! It means that you can laminate these or put them in a sleeve to use over and over as extra practice. It also means that during review/reteach, or tutoring, you can have students use it to continue practice. What I’m saying is, it’s not a one time use worksheet! And there’s just something about dice…my students always have so much fun when there are dice involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment